"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." ~ Bob Marley

Random Thoughts

* The tattoo(s) on my left arm is symbolic. Every part of it represents someone I love. While in the hospital recovering from my car accident, I had a lot of time to think & plan it. It wasn't a fun or freaky thing to do, it was a spiritual journey. I photo-blogged & wrote about the experience. I'm working on the theme for my right arm now. #sleevestory
* "Turning Tables" from Adele's "21" album is the deepest song I've heard in awhile. I felt that shit from her soul because I can definitely relate.

* Speaking of dope music, The Roots new album "undun" will be out 12/6/11. This is the 1st single, "Make My" ft. Big K.R.I.T. #iCant WAIT!
* Photography is my creative passion, NOT my career. Know the difference.
* Speaking of career, I am going back to school to get my Masters; I don't care how many jobs I gotta work or what I gotta sacrifice to make this happen. I need$ that.
* I really have a thing for guys with beards. Like, it's not a preference anymore, it's a pre·req·ui·site.
* Halloween is this coming weekend and I have nada for costume ideas. Mi Madre has a big party every year, she makes costumes by hand and lots of preparation goes into this. I need to plan better. Sidebar: "Halloween" (the original one) is my favorite horror movie, Michael Myers is scary, I love being scared. Gotta dig that out of a box and watch it before October is over. And I need to find someone who can handle being scared to go to Field Of Screams with me. That place is the best haunted attraction ever.

* Speaking of my Mom, now that I've finally told her I can finally tell everyone else: I'm moving back to the city in January. I gave it a year here, I tried. I can't do it anymore. I am not doing what I moved here to do, I am not happy, I'm OUT. A lot of deep family shit went down this past year, so it was good to be here, close, rest up, heal. Then there's my goddaughter, the baby & her shit. It's always someone else's shit. I need my OWN shit to be about. With that being said, I'm OUT. Gonna work these 2 gigs, save money, get through the holidays with my family, then New Year it's new me, doing me. I miss you, Philly, I can't wait to come HOME.
* I had a very dope opportunity to move very far away. Not only did I consider it, I pursued it. I discussed my options with my siblings and a few close friends. The plan was to not tell my Mom until after her birthday; I didn't want to hear all of her reasons why my move was a bad idea (and I didn't want to add to the stresses we were already going through as a family following my Uncle Steve's suicide). My brother brought it up at a family gathering at my sister's one afternoon very nonchalantly, my Mom overheard it and reacted just as I anticipated. After a lot of thought, I decided I could not and would not do that to my family at this time, I need to be here, to be close. Besides, I have a lot of shit I need to handle here in the States first. I miss you, Jamaica, I'll be back again next year. RASCLAT!

No comments: