"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." ~ Bob Marley

Rock The Bells & Bee Eater Showcase 06.24.09

Budweiser and Rock The Bells had an audition @ 941Theater on Wednesday 06.24.09 to battle for the opening spot at the Rock The Bells concert. I went out to support my fab chica, Zarinah, and the homie Cymarshall Law. You can find Zarinah here on Twitter and MySpace.

Dice Raw hosted and he was not playing any games w/ the contestants. He is a tough critic and hard to impress. DJ Aura and I met up and attended...w/minimal transportation drama, but we made it nonetheless. Zarinah was on stage when we arrived, so we rushed in to catch the rest of her set.

Zarinah killed, Cy did his thing, alas some dude named "Big Worm" won (I think it was more for his dance and crowd hype than his lyrics alone) He scored 9's from all 3 judges, so his score of 27 won the battle.

After the battle at 941 we all headed to Silk City for the Bee Eater Showcase, hosted by Mars. Met Mars at the Jay $tay Paid Dilla Mixtape release party @ Johnny & Brenda's a few wks ago...what a small world we hip hop heads in Philly travel in.

I met and clicked w/ a lot of talented artists, musicians, rappers, etc. Here is a slideshow of some of the many photos I took that night. A dead battery is a serious FAIL when attempting to properly document an event, but I did my best w/ what I had.



Recording Cymarshall Law's entire performance was no good for my almost dead battery, but worth every minute of it. Plus the photographer drawin, he kept getting in the way, but it was all good. Check him out here in my YouTube video, he's also on Twitter and MySpace. Very talented rapper...keep your eyes and ears open for him.



SUPPORT talented musicians and REAL hip hop, folks. Get out & get involved.

Props to two.one.five mag for the heads up...it was great FINALLY meeting Tayyib. If you don't know who he is, you live under a rock. Follow him and check out his mag/his site. He is the hip hop/Philly night life guru. So glad I went out on a Wednesday...

2 comments:

Mikey McFly™ said...

Keep grinding

Carolinaware said...

Finally! @ meeting Tayyib Looks like you had an outstanding time there Miss. Great pics and commentary. Felt like I was there.