"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." ~ Bob Marley

Philly Night Life ~ Damani's ~ 66th & Media/West Philly



A homie of mine from college from 10+ years back manages this place. I connected w/ him via Facebook and here we are. He's a school teacher by day, but his side gig is where the grown & sexy is at...Damani's.

I went in on a Friday evening to check it out and reconnect w/ him after years of no contact. There was a private bridal shower being held upstairs, there was a lot of busy'ness going on, A was wiring speakers or something...I just looked around and thought "WOW". This place is beautiful, and I never would've known it was there had I not connected w/ A (Follow him on Twitter or your mother doesn't love you...). And this place is only BLOCKS from my apartment, so hi-5 on proximity.

This club has FREE PARKING. That is a big plus in a City where if you go out in CC or Olde City, most likely you'll pay more to park than admittance into an event/club. Not only that, you're driving around forever trying to find a place to park...and forget about the let out. Traffic downtown sucks, period. Damani's has an attached parking lot that can easily fit 50 cars, not to mention the nearby Shop-Rite parking lot - we all know what grocery store parking lots look like...and can you say "...parkin' lot pimpin..." LOL.

There are 2 floors at Damani's. The upstairs can hold approx. 350 people. The downstairs has a stage area and can hold approx. 250 people. There are places to actually SIT DOWN, ladies...you know how cute the heels look when you're walking out there door, but after a few hours in a crowded nightclub, on your feet all night, gettin' it in when "This is my jam!" comes on...it's murder on the pedi. So seating is a plus. There are also bars located both up and down stairs...no up & down to get a drink, unless you have a fave bartender?

What floored me as well is there is a kitchen located on the first floor. Always open. If you think like me, you think you wouldn't want to eat where you're partying at, right? That is not Damani's. This kitchen is soulful and immaculate...you're gonna want some fish or some chicken, fo sho. And you're gonna love it.

There are two 50 inch screens in this joint...the game never looked so good for me except when I sat courtside at a Sixers/Cavs game a few years ago.

A invited me back the next day to see what the club was like in motion. Remember - this is a nightclub as well as a banquet facility. It can be rented for bachelor/bachelorette parties, wedding receptions, birthday parties, comedy shows, etc. I arrived after 11 pm last night, still found parking, walked in and it was like a different world than the night before. This place was jumpin'! The DJ was blasting old school, new school, there was a birthday party going on and everyone was mingling w/ everyone...it was a good time.

I met some cool people, made some good networking connections, had a helluva lotta Henny (thanks, Kim!), got to catch up w/ my homie and reminisce about school daze...Damani's is time well spent and with good company. If you wanna party in a mature and safe atmosphere, Damani's is the place for you. I co-sign.

*Photo courtesy of their website

**Next time I go I'll take my camera and take my own pics...y'all know how I do, LOL. I didn't want to OD my 1st time in the joint, geez...

No comments: