"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." ~ Bob Marley

Comedy Show Follow-up...

The comedy show @ Damani's on Saturday 5.30.09 was a huge success. The building was packed, the bar & the kitchen stayed BUSY alllll night...everyone was laughing, DJ D-Roc was killin' it...and I was taking flics. Here's one of me & Turae...


Photobucket

"The Poet Tree" (which I have a flier and info in a previous post) is the next, big upcoming event. The lovely and talented Rachel Raquel (she's also on Twitter, FOLLOW HER, and she's new, so give her some time, LOL) will be performing, music by Philly's own Just Words.

If you're a poet or spoken word talent, hit me up and I can provide any info or details needed.

I'm a writer at heart, this is my 1st love...but I am a "virgin to the mic" (please watch and re-watch the movie "Love Jones" for this reference I just made here...) . Depending on the mood, the vibe, whether I'm busy taking flics for the club...I may - just MAY - get up there and pop my cherry and give y'all one of my best, my personal pieces....we'll see.

This is the 1st installment of something Damani is trying to get started - support good talent, good people and good places of business. Come out and party with the grown & sexy...

No comments: