"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." ~ Bob Marley

"Precious" - Limited Release November 6, 2009!



Precious, originally known as Push: Based on the Novel by Sapphire, is a 2009 drama film, adapted from the 1996 Sapphire novel Push about a teenaged girl living in Harlem. The film premiered in January 2009 at the Sundance Film Festival, where it won the Audience Award and the Grand Jury Prize for best drama, as well as a Special Jury Prize for supporting actress Mo'Nique.*

Source: YouTube

If this comes to a city near you, I suggest you check it out! I know I'll be in attendance, and I hate the movies! The great Lee Daniels directed, and if you never heard of or read the novel it's based from, you're all late & wrong. I'm so looking forward to this! I personally enjoy books more than the movie adaptations (Tom Hanks in "The DaVinci Code" ruined it for me!), but for some reason I have complete confidence Lee Daniels will do this novel justice. To be continued...

No comments: