"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." ~ Bob Marley

Guess who's Grammy nominated?

The Foreign ExchangePhonte & Nicolay deserve this sooooooooo much!  Here's the statement Phonte posted on The Foreign Exchange website:

Friends and Family,

Last week, me and Nic's lives were forever changed as The Foreign Exchange's "Daykeeper" (feat. Muhsinah) was nominated for a Grammy Award in the Best Urban/Alternative Performance category.

We haven't come forward with a personal press release or statement of any kind because truthfully, the past week has been a whirlwind of events and its taken us awhile to really wrap our heads around all that's happened.

Needless to say, we are both filled with feelings of shock, wonder, amazement, nervousness, humility, and extreme gratitude.

We have prepared a short video (with the help of our frequent collaborator Matt Koza), that describes the FE story and gives an overview of our journey from random obscurity to fully independent Grammy nominated artists. Consider this our pre-Grammy acceptance speech...lol. We encourage all of you to pass this along and spread the word, as we feel our story is a big inspiration to artists everywhere. Every once in a blue moon, the good guys do win.

We thank all of you for our continued support, and wish you a safe and blessed holiday season.

Peace,
'Te and Nic 


I contacted Aimee to congratulate the team and requested some promo materials.  The stuff I rec'd from them when they were here for the video shoot is gone - I gave a lot of it away putting other people on to FE.  I rec'd that yesterday.  Thank you.  Shout-out A-Flint!


The Foreign Exchange's Grammy nomination video from The Foreign Exchange on Vimeo.


I have posted the nominated song/video/lyrics in a previous post.  It's my favorite song on the album.  If you click the "Daykeeper" link in Phonte's statement you can download the song for FREE.  The album is FIYAH start-finish.  #getfamiliar

Here's a dope video I came across checkin' out FE buzz on the internet.  It's from Subsoniq Radio, they're affiliated w/ Sirius.  You can *FOLLOW* on Twitter and visit their site here.  Check the video out:



I'm so happy for the FE team; getting the recognition they deserve from their peers and the industry; all the hard work is paying off...and now maybe everyone will know just how dope FE is.

No comments: