"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." ~ Bob Marley

Soulville @ Elena's & Writtenhouse @ Draught 07.31.09



Welcome to Soulville!

Toodopegirls in their own words:

toodopegirls. philly. black. women. smart. sassy. spunky. shit talkers. moving shakers. sisters. foodies. artists. daughters. scribes. music lovers. tweet prophets. slightly bourgeois. funky fresh, dressed to impress, ready to party.

get to know us. we don't bite.

Get familiar. FOLLOW THEM on Twitter, check out their blog for prophecies and upcoming events...these women are 'toodope'.

Had a blast, went thru there w/ @MykDyaleks (he's from the group, Brokn.Englsh, if you don't know who they are, GET FAMILIAR!), ran into old friends and made some new ones: shout-out @FreedomReeves (beautiful inside & out), @MikeyMcFly (was doin' his photog thing & even danced a little for us), @brothafrmanotha (he says I tweet too much, I'm gonna change all that, lol), @karaslamb, @toodopegirls, @dopegirlfresh (you're a sweetheart), @aeongotbeats, @alwaysdumhi, @younghgoesin, Ihsan (where are you on Twitter? I certainly follow you and can't find you now!)...and many more who are 'too cool' for Twitter or I just don't know their names!

Feel free to comment and leave Twitter names & caption the pics that are unlabeled. My memory is not what it used to be...I apologize in advance. Here are some pics from Soulville:


Regretfully, I had to leave Soulville when it just started to pop to head to North Philly/Temple area. Writtenhouse performed at the Draught Horse Tavern and I wanted to show support and check out their show as well before they head out of town...please bear w/ me - all I had to take pics w/ was my shitty Kodak digital camera (better than nothing!).



They KILLED their show even though the audience was small - CK had to GO IN when Sleeves' mic went out, a TRUE professional. Check out their site, FOLLOW THEM on Twitter, if you have the opportunity to see them perform live, do it! Go. I co-sign.

After their show we all went back to Soulville and finished the night off...can't go wrong w/ dope hip hop and sexy soul...

No comments: