"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." ~ Bob Marley

The Clipse in-store @ UBIQ 01.08.10

The day after my birthday, VA's own The Clipse came to Philly.  Unless you've been living under a rock, you would know that their new album "Til The Casket Drops" was released 12.08.09.  It's in stores now, cop that!  And again, this is NOT a music blog.  I can't keep you folks up w/ ALL the good music being released...there are music blogs, magazines & shows for that.  But I do what I can :) 
clipse album cover
I headed down to UBIQ on 15th & Walnut w/ Ashley.  I 'met' Malice on Twitter long before they came to Philly, and I looked forward to finally getting to meet him in person.  Malice & Pusha T graciously signed autographs and posed for pics w/ fans.  Freeway* came through, free Heineken for everyone, my homie DJ Ambush was on the wheels, I ran into a few friends and scenesters, I met The Clipse...all was good. 

Here are some of the flics I shot @ UBIQ:


After the in-store me & Ash headed over to Byblos, a Greek spot on 18th St, to have birthday dinner and share cherry hookah.  An evening well spent.  Good music, good food, food people.  My entire birthday week was awesome.
bday hookah

* Freeway's new jawn - "The Stimulus Package" - drops 02.16.10  Be on the lookout for that.  He's gonna be performing in Philly @ The Troc on 02.15.10 as well.  Where else would he release him album but PHILLY?!  P.S.P. - Philly Support Philly (c) DJ NoPhrillz


Of course this was another two.one.five mag event.  The 2nd Heineken Green Room Party I've attended thus far.  Keep up w/ all the beautiful people and dope events over on their site.

No comments: