"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect - and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." ~ Bob Marley

I Corinthians 13:11 *ink ideas in progress*

cum essem parvulus loquebar ut parvulus sapiebam ut parvulus cogitabam ut parvulus quando factus sum vir evacuavi quae erant parvuli*When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up my childish ways.*When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways.*When I was a babe, as a babe I was speaking, as a babe I was thinking, as a babe I was reasoning, and when I have become a man, I have made useless the things of the babe.*



My neighbors are blasting El DeBarge. Men Bums in the courtyard drinking 40's, laughing (already!). Dirt bikes are noisy and numerous. It's 80+ degrees in Philadelphia today. It's not always sunny in Philadelphia, but it is today. And I'm excited. I'm sad. I'm anxious. I'm grateful.

Thursday should have been closure for me. The process 'continued'...so does the emotional cypher I have been in for months. From these cyphers comes some of the best inspiration anyone could hope for...inspiration motivates me to write...to think...and right now I'm thinking about ink and l.o.v.e.

I gather up

each sound

you left behind

and stretch them

on our bed.

each nite

I breathe you

and become high.


poem #3 sonia sanchez

@Wayno119 (FOLLOW HIM!) and I were Twittin' one night about ink and ideas. I knew then what and I know now where...the question is when?! And why?! I have alot of ink. Other than my face and my neck, I have alot of skin too. I plan to sleeve my entire right arm as well and start on my torso. Gotta get that in great shape first, but I'm definitely going there too. It's my body, and my body is my temple. I'll paint the walls how I see fit.

People who are not into ink like that might not get this. Yes, it's painful. Yes, it's expen$ive. Yes, it's permanent and forever. We realize this going in! But for me it's so much more. It's therapeutic. It awakens all my senses like nothing else can. It proves dedication and loyalty. It's w/ you til the end...when the old you is dead and gone, the ink remains.

This verse, this song, this video...this 'continued' emotional rollercoaster, the 'continued' confusion...the only thing I am emotionally certain of and certainly not confused about is my next tat. My sleeve is private. My reasons and the symbolism of all of it. The art of it is public. You're welcome to look at it. Admire it. Ask who did it (Ben @ Transcending Flesh, xo). My reasons for choosing this are private as well, but if you read and understand the verse, no matter which version you identify w/, I think you'll "get" it.

I'm finding myself piece by piece, tat by tat. It helps me identify what is important - if you're putting something on your body 'forever' it damn sure better be 'important'! What's going on in my life - time to grow up. Be grateful for every day and treasure every moment - you never know when something will be dead and gone from your life, and probably w/ good reason. But the ability to identify what is wrong and what is missing - these are the most valuable lessons.

Cali/New Mexico blogs coming soon. I have them drafted just need to add photos. 215s & Heartbreaks as well. Very personal, not sure if I'm ready to share that one just yet. Thanks for the support and encouragement. I'm getting there...

p.s. The 1st translation of I Corinthians 13:11 is Latin. And just b/c...I think it looks and sounds beautiful.

No comments: